Who is Eligible
- Event must have occurred during one’s active employment or matriculated education at Upstate Medical University.
- Employees and students that have been employed or enrolled for at least twelve (12) months on a continuous basis.
- Applicants must have a genuine emergency hardship as defined above.
Individuals can apply when they feel they have an economic hardship that meets the criteria of the program. However, individuals can only receive, at maximum, one funding opportunity, regardless of amount, per every three (3) calendar year(s).
- Applicants are expected to have already made ordinary efforts to address the hardship. These efforts may include initiating contacts with companies to which payments are owed (i.e., utility, phone, water, mortgage, etc.) to seek payment plans or other accommodations, initiating contact with community agencies that offer assistance and seeking assistance from family members or others.
- Employees defined as for the purpose of this policy:
- NY State, Research Foundation for SUNY, MedBest, and Upstate Community Medical, PC
- Must work a minimum of 16 hours per week or 32 hours per pay period
- Employees must not be on an unauthorized leave of absence
- Students defined as for the purpose of this policy:
- Matriculated students attending at least part-time
- Students must not be on an unauthorized leave of absence