Expectant moms and partners can register for breastfeeding classes
Upstate offers a two-hour "Breastfeeding: Planning for Success" class once a month for expectant moms and their partners who have decided to breastfeed their baby. Learn about:
* how your body prepares for breastfeeding,
* how your baby helps with breastfeeding,
* breastfeeding in the hospital,
* the first weeks at home, and
* the partner's role in breastfeeding.
Classes are held from 7 to 9 p.m. at Upstate University Hospital's Community Campus, 4900 Broad Road, Syracuse. The dates are Dec. 3, 2013; and then Jan. 7, Feb. 4, March 4, April 1, May 6, June 3, July 1, Aug. 5, Sept. 2, Oct. 7, Nov. 4 and Dec. 2 in 2014.
The fee is $15, which is waived for women attending the UUH Expectant Parent Program. To register, call 315-492-5447.