More historical trivia about Upstate - five final questions
1. This excerpt is from what year? "It was evident that if the College was to survive, even greater financial support was necessary."
2. In the late 1880s, the Department of Health of the City of Syracuse established a building for contagious diseases on a large plot east of Teall Avenue. It was commonly known as what?
3. Two separate studies in the early 1950s concluded that several of Syracuse‘s 10 hospitals merge and that a new hospital be built. What happened before those recommendations were followed?
4. Which former chairman of pediatrics went on to become US Surgeon General, overseeing tobacco control efforts?
5. A gifted parasitologist and artist who became an adjunct lecturer in the Department of Bacteriology in 1930 (later joining the faculty) made basic discoveries about the life cycle of the tapeworm and drew meticulous illustrations of his findings. Justus Mueller, PhD took multiple scientific expeditions into the rainforests of Central and South America, which earned him election into which elite club in 1980?