Healthy recipe: Grilled Tropical Teriyaki Kebobs
This recipe makes approximately 5 Kebobs
15-ounce bottle low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup pineapple juice (from fresh pineapple or from can)
2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoon vinegar
2 teaspoon ground or 1 tablespoon fresh finely minced ginger
2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 tablespoon fresh finely minced garlic
Pepper to taste
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut in 1-2 inch cubes (about 1 pound)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed
1/4 pound snow peas, washed
1 fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch chunks (or one 20-ounce can pineapple chunks)
2 cups whole grain rice, cooked
1. Combine all teriyaki sauce ingredients (juice, oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper) in bowl and whisk until combined evenly.
2. Marinate cubed chicken breast in most of teriyaki sauce for 2 hours.
3. If using wooden kebob sticks, soak in water for about 5 minutes to prevent from catching fire on the grill.
4. Begin to assemble the kebobs-alternating chicken, pineapple, tomatoes, and snow peas.
5. Grill kebobs until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
6. Serve over whole grain rice and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 Kebob with 1/3 cup rice
Carbohydrate: 32 grams
Protein: 26 grams
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 500 milligrams