The land based program is ideal for those who are interested in exercising, but would like more direction for safety, health, and accountability. Exercise Physiologists will develop an exercise program specific to your goals, limitations and needs. We instruct proper setup and form on various equipment and are available throughout the sessions to answer any questions regarding exercise, thus allowing for a safer exercise environment.
Hours of Operation:
Classes are an hour in length. Participants may choose to attend Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays at the below session times:
- 9:10, 10:20, or 11:30
- Participation is based on amount of sessions offered in the month; $7 per session typically equates to about $56 per month.
- Payments are made two months at a time
- Entry into the program includes review of health history, fitness assessment, individualized exercise program with four one on one sessions with Vitality staff to help you gain independence in navigating your new exercise program, along with adjustments as needed. This cost is $100.
- Initial fitness assessment is performed by trained staff
- Completed at the start of exercise program, 3 months after your start and annually to monitor improvements and adjust goals and exercise program
- Assessment includes balance, strength, flexibility, aerobic endurance, agility and coordination
Additional offerings at Vitality with no additional cost as opportunities arise can include assessments, exercise programming, and testing performed by Doctoral of Physical Therapy students at Upstate Medical University. We are building an virtual exercise library for Vitality participants, and have research studies on occasion.