Self-Study Phase 1 Working Groups Members/Charge
The Working Groups are responsible for examining existing data and evaluations, gathering new information, and preparing analytical reports as a part of the Self-Study process in preparation for the site visit by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education.
- Engage in a process of active and open inquiry related to a particular LCME Standard.
- Review relevant portions of the DCI (data collection instrument), student learning outcomes, and related College of Medicine policies and procedures.
- Analyze documentation and outcome measures.
- Identify linkages where appropriate to the college mission and strategic plan
- Identify programmatic challenges and strengths related to Upstate’s compliance with the Standard under review.
- Make recommendations for action to resolve any identified problems as needed.
- Complete the DCI questions and summarize Working Group findings in a final report.
- Submit outlines, drafts, and the final version of the Working Group report consistent with the timeline provided.
Groups will meet approximately once per month.