This is the site of Upstate's archived strategic plans, and information here may not reflect our current strategic plan. To view the current strategic plan, visit the Strategic Planning site.
When President David Smith took office in September 2006, he launched the Engaging Excellence initiative to challenge and encourage SUNY Upstate faculty, staff, and students to create the best setting possible in which to learn, work, and serve. The President identified the need for cross-functional, high performing teams to create recommendations for a long term strategic plan.
Through this process, Upstate has:
- implemented recommendations for over 450 process and operational improvements
- implemented 65 quick wins
- created a set of Shared Values
- created our Students-First, Patients-First, and People-First Philosophies
- launched our Strategic Plan