Make a Difference
You can make a difference in furthering the mission and vision of Spiritual Care at Upstate!
Make a donation to one of our funds that directly support basic needs of our Center.
- Father Alfred Bebel Spiritual Care Fund Supports spiritual care services, provides for the Chapel's ongoing needs and strengthens professional chaplaincy education and training.
This fund was established in 2004 upon the retirement of Father Alfred Bebel, Roman Catholic priest of the Diocese of Syracuse and much-loved priest chaplain at Upstate since 1986. Beloved by all, Fr. Bebel's ministry will continue through your generous contribution to spiritual care at Upstate.
- Rev. Louise Tallman Pediatric Spiritual Care Fund at Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital Supports all aspects of our pediatric chaplaincy, including supplies, professional pastoral development, publications and the Treehouse Chapel.
"Rev. Weez" served as Upstate's first Pediatric Chaplain from October 2003 until her pediatric chaplain program will continue to be supported through donations made to this fund that celebrate the legacy of her ministry.
- Harold Berman Pediatric Spiritual Care Endowment Fund The purpose of this fund is to provide a regular source of interest income that can be used to support the Pediatric Spiritual Care Fund which covers expenses for the pediatric chaplain.
This endowment was established in 2007 in memory of Harold Berman, a lifelong Syracuse resident, community advocate for the disabled, political advisor and devoted fan of the Syracuse Chiefs baseball team who encouraged members of the Syracuse Chiefs to visit sick and injured children through the years.
- Heather Strong Heroes of Hope Memorial Fund The purpose of this fund is to support the needs of the Upstate Cancer Center Spiritual Care Program.
- Spiritual Care Reiki Fund Supports integration of Reiki at Upstate through training, research and program development.
- Daniel Burdick Compassionate Care Fund, established in 2013 by the Burdick children to honor their father's compassion for his patients, supports the operation and implementation of the Schwartz Center Rounds® at Upstate University Hospital.
Spiritual Care has ongoing as well as one-time special needs for in-kind donations. These needs range from Bibles to prayer blankets to special projects such as creating a handmade altar and pulpit for the Treehouse Chapel. We welcome your inquiry about what is currently needed by contacting us at email@example.com or through the Center's main number at 315 464-4687.