Syracuse Heart Walk/Run
REGISTER & DONATE NOW for Team Upstate!
DONATE NOW if you'd like to support the cause but not register for the walk - you can search by team or participant.
A 1–3 mile, non-competitive walk around OCC with all intersections safely guarded for enjoyable family fun (rain or shine). A run component is available as well, to benefit the American Heart Association's fight against Heart Disease and Stroke, America's #1 & #5 killers.
Upstate has been a proud sponsor of the Heart Walk for many years, and Team Upstate has been one of the top overall fundraising teams since 2007. Upstate's cardiovascular research program has received hundreds of thousands of dollars from Heart Walk proceeds over the years.
Sunday, April 19, 2020 - Indoor & Outdoor activities
|10:00 AM||Registration & Heart Healthy Activities|
|11:00 AM||Kids Fun Run|
Upstate Team Photo
|11:30 AM||Opening Ceremony|
Walk begins - Rain or Shine
Onondaga Community College - SRC Event Center - get directions
Upstate Team Shirts
Unisex shirts available (sizes XS-4XL). View the shirts here.
NOTE - TO GUARANTEE YOUR SHIRT SIZE YOU MUST REGISTER AND PAY BY MARCH 23TH. PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR TEAM CAPTAIN YOUR SHIRT SIZE IN ADDITION TO REGISTERING ON THE WEBSITE
2. Donate a minimum of $35 ($25 for students*) to qualify for a Team Upstate shirt
3. Donate on-line by credit card or return your donation to your Team Captain (cash or check payable to American Heart Association) or return completed paper registration form and minimum $35 ($25 for students*) to your Team Captain.
Thursday, March 5
Galleries, 4th and 5th Floors
Wednesday, March 11
1:00 PM - 3:30 PM - UH, 2nd Floor Lobby
Thursday, March 12
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Community Campus Cafeteria
You may register right up to the event, and also at Heart Association registration tent on the day of the event, but after March 23rd there will be a limited amount of shirts available.
Employees, students, friends and families qualify for a shirt - just register and pay ($35 for adults or $25 for students*) for the Upstate team!
If you do not have a team captain in your area, call 315-464-4836 (downtown) or 315-492-5551 (Community campus) to join a team.
Continue to Fundraise!
- All walkers and runners are asked to set a fundraising goal of $100.
- Continue to fundraise right up to the event - additional donations can be turned in at the American Heart Association tent on event day.
- Incentive prizes are available for participants who raise $250 or more. A Heart Walk T-shirt is given to those who raise $100 or more.
- Print off or send electronically the Heart Walk poster.
For more information
* If students would like to run at the event they will need to pay the adult price of $35.