Molecular Analysis Core (SUNYMAC)
SUNYMAC is a Core Facility that provides both fee-for-service sample preparation and analysis and free access to several pieces of common use equipment.
The Core specializes in genome-wide or targeted high-throughput gene expression, genotyping, and copy number mapping, as well as ChIP-seq, methylation-seq, and single cell sequencing analysis. Our primary technology is Illumina next-generation sequencing (NGS). SUNYMAC also maintains instrumentation for sample enrichment (laser microdissection), nucleic acid Q/C analysis (Agilent Bioanalyzer), as well as NGS library construction (Covaris ultrasonicator), and target validation (BioRad real-time qPCR system, and BioPlex/Luminex system).
Instrumentation in Core
- Illumina NextSeq 500
- Illumina MiSeq
- 10X Genomics Chromium Controller
- BioRad ddSEQ Single Cell Isolator
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer
- BioRad BioPlex 200 Luminex Instrument
- BioTek Synergy 2 plate reader
- BioRad CFX 384 Real Time PCR System
- Covaris M220 Focused Ultrasonicator
- Leica LMD7 Laser Microdissection Microscope
- Leica fluorescence microscope with DFC7000 T camera
- BioRad Tetrad 2 PCR Instrument
Core Fee Schedule: Contact Karen Gentile for current fees and services provided.
How to Access Core Services: Phone or email.