Laboratory Training Dates
Classes are scheduled as needed. Please notify us of your interest at your earliest possible convenience. (4-6510)
Graduate Students who took Laboratory Radiation Safety Training as part of their Orientation, DO NOT have to take this class but they MUST contact us about an additional form that will need to be completed.
Annual Laboratory Worker Training Information
Annual laboratory worker training in labs with more than one person must cover the following areas:
- Areas where radioactive materials are stored, used, and disposed in your laboratory.
- Locations and the maintenance of records for the use, inventory, and disposal of radioactive materials, to include a discussion of the proper forms to be filled out.
- Location and use of personnel radiation safety equipment such as: survey meters, lab coats, gloves, etc.
- Location and use of radiation safety related documents.
- Location and use of emergency eye wash, safety showers, and emergency contact lists.
- Hazards of radioactive materials and related compounds specific to the laboratory and precautions to be taken.
All training must be documented by either emailing or sending thru campus mail, and should include the following:
- Who presented the information.
- Date and time.
- Who attended (make sure that the names are legible if sending response thru the mail.)
Please try to complete your training at your earliest convenience, while keeping in mind you must have it completed by the end of this calendar year.
Please plan on notifying the Radiation Safety Office at least 24 hours prior to conducting the training to allow for selective auditing.
Should you have any questions, please contact David Salerius at:
For more information or to be put on our list to be contacted for the next class contact Mr. David Salerius 464-5081