State and National Policies Relating to DACA/Undocumented Individuals Pursuing Higher Education
- Does not defer any student regarding national origin, or immigration status a a factor of admission
- SUNY website for undocumented student information
- SUNY FAQ undocumeted students for higher education (SUNY)
- SUNY FAQ immigration policy and law relating to students
- Preserving and Fortifying Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA): Biden Administration Memorandum
- In 2016, the New York Board of Regents authorized DACA recipients to obtain a professional license if they have met all other requirements for licensure except for their citizenship status.
- Board of Regents Permanently Adopts Regulations to Allow DACA Recipients to Apply for Teacher Certification and Professional Licenses
New York State DREAM Act
- DREAM ACT gives undocumented students NYS administered grants, and scholarships.
- DREAM ACT information and how to apply: https://www.hesc.ny.gov/dream/
- DREAM ACT application workshop: https://engage.suny.edu/portal/dream_act_workshops
- SUNY FAQ about financial aid and undocumented students (from the U.S. Department of Education): https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/sites/default/files/financial-aid-and-undocumented-students.pdf
DACA Proposed Rule Breakdown: https://www.ilrc.org/deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-daca-proposed-rule-breakdown