New Poison Prevention Training with Free Materials
NEW Program launches Monday, March 21st 2022!
In celebration of 65 years of community service, we are excited to announce a new online tool called "Poison Prevention Educator Training." This training is designed for all teachers! Anyone interested in teaching poison prevention information to others within our 54-county coverage area is invited to check-out our new "Teachers' Guide."
Together, through the cooperation of many, we aim to spread the message of poison prevention to the 7.3 million people throughout our service area. We cannot do it alone and we need your help. Whether the audience you choose to teach is your child/children, students, a scout group, staff or senior citizens, this training makes teaching an easy process.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Click on the link for Poison Prevention Educator Training: https://www.upstate.edu/poison/community/train.php (activated on March 21st)
- Register for training and complete all training steps to qualify for free materials included in the training (only available to our service area, see above link)
- Take the training including:
- Visit our website post training to find the materials as detailed in Part II of the training.
- Download the materials necessary for your teaching efforts OR go to our website. There, on our “Free Materials” page, select the materials you would like mailed to you: https://www.upstate.edu/poison/poison-prevention/request-form.php
PROGRAM CONSISTS OF:
Training Part I
Certificate of Completion
PROGRAM MATERIALS CONSIST OF:
Stop Ask First
Look Alikes Flipchart
For more information contact:
Gail Banach, Director of Public Education & Communications