Register Now For March 11th Vaping Webinar
The Upstate New York Poison Center in partnership with the Central New York Regional Center for Tobacco Health Systems at St. Joseph’s Health announces a webinar for Health Care Professionals on Wednesday, March 11, 2020 from 12:15pm to 1:15pm.
Register NOW for "Treating Patients Using/Exposed to Nicotine from E-Cigarettes and Vaping Products."
Webinar Presenters include:
Dr. C. Beth Gero, Ph.D, MA, CTTS, NCTTP (Program Specialist - CNY Regional Center for Tobacco Health Systems at St. Joseph’s Health)
T. Michele Caliva, MA, RN, CSPI (Administrative Director - Upstate New York Poison Center)
Patricia Bax, RN, MS, NCTTP, ACB (Marketing and Outreach Coordinator - NYS Smokers’ Quitline)
1. Understand the working definitions of e-cigarettes and vaping products and current use of these products.
2. Identify the health effects of e-cigarettes and vaping products and tobacco dependence treatment guidelines for Health Care Professionals.
3. Develop an understanding of nicotine toxicity and the dangers associated, related to e-cigarettes and vaping products.
4. Expand awareness of e-cigarette or vaping-associated lung injuries (EVALI) and guidance for treatment.
5. Gain knowledge of resources available to e-cigarette and vaping product users, as well as to Health Care Professionals.
In the case of a poisoning or for information purposes, call the Upstate New York Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222. We are open 24/7, 365 days a year. Each year our center manages more than 50,000 calls from health care providers, 911 operators, hospitals, industry, schools, and the general public in our 54-county service area.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest information.
About Upstate New York Poison Center
Housed inside Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY, the Upstate New York Poison Center is dedicated to reducing the number, cost and severity of poisonings within its designated 54-county service area as mandated by New York State Law. The Center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to both health professionals and the general public at 1-800-222-1222.
About Upstate Medical University
SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY, is the only academic medical center in Central New York. It is also the region's largest employer with 9,460 employees. Affiliated with the State University of New York, Upstate's mission is to improve the health of the community through education, biomedical research and health care.