HEALTH EDUCATOR WEBINAR SERIES
This series is designed with health educators in mind. The one-hour webinars focus on current trends, information and updates about the Upstate New York Poison Center, the latest drugs of abuse, poison safety and most importantly educational materials available online for your use within our 54-county service area. All webinars are recorded and are available here for viewing at a time convenient for you.
Goals of the Health Educator Webinar Series:
- Increase baseline awareness of the services of the poison center.
- Increase utilization of educational programs and materials available through the poison center.
- Increase communication/interaction between health educators and the poison center.
1. COMING SOON
2. E-cigarettes and Vaping: Lee Livermore, Education Coordinator, provides important information on the growing trend of e-cigarettes and vaping:
3. Marijuana: Gail Banach, Director of Public Education and Communication, presents a webinar on marijuana:
4. Alternative Substances of Abuse and Misuse: Jeanna Marraffa, PharmD, DABAT, Assistant Clinical Director of the poison center, explains more on the epidemic of opioid use disorder and overdose:
5. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Jeanna Marraffa, PharmD, DABAT, Assistant Clinical Director of the poison center, explains carbon monoxide poisoning and what you need to know in the winter months and all year: