HEALTH EDUCATOR WEBINAR SERIES
This series is designed with health educators in mind. The one-hour webinars focus on current trends, information and updates about the Upstate New York Poison Center, the latest drugs of abuse, poison safety and most importantly educational materials available online for your use within our 54-county service area. All webinars are recorded and are available here for viewing at a time convenient for you.
Goals of the Health Educator Webinar Series:
- Increase baseline awareness of the services of the poison center.
- Increase utilization of educational programs and materials available through the poison center.
- Increase communication/interaction between health educators and the poison center.
Poison Prevention Training
View the Poster
December 8th from 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
You will learn:
- About the services of the Poison Center
- How to find and use the variety of educational materials located on the website for your audiences
- Answers to your specific questions related to your needs
Register here: https://tinyurl.com/mr2jcxyr
September 22nd at 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Define what a nutritional supplement is and why people take them
- Address commonly used supplements
- Discuss concerns surrounding supplement use
March 24th at 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Cannabis products in NYS
- Unintentional pediatric cannabis exposures
- THC and CBD content in cannabis
What Ever Happened to Mary Jane - Part II: Prevention
- Cannabis laws
- The evolving cannabis movement
- Prevention tips for coalitions, parents & teens
In Plain Sight: Pediatric Poisonings:
- One Pill Can Kill
- Toxic Substances in the home
- What happens at the emergency department
- Age-related substances
- Safe storage and disposal
1. E-cigarettes and Vaping: Lee Livermore, Education Coordinator, provides important information on the growing trend of e-cigarettes and vaping:
2. Marijuana: Gail Banach, Director of Public Education and Communication, presents a webinar on marijuana:
3. Alternative Substances of Abuse and Misuse: Jeanna Marraffa, PharmD, DABAT, Assistant Clinical Director of the poison center, explains more on the epidemic of opioid use disorder and overdose:
4. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Jeanna Marraffa, PharmD, DABAT, Assistant Clinical Director of the poison center, explains carbon monoxide poisoning and what you need to know in the winter months and all year: