Auerbach Lab News Feed
- Dr. Auerbach is awarded a multi-institute UNYTE Grant for translational science from the University of Rochester Medical Center, Clinical and Translational Science Institute (URMC CTSI): Wearable Multi-System Recordings for Improved Disease Diagnostics (with co-PI Dr. Inna Hughes, URMC)
- December 2022: David Auerbach is awarded a Clinical Research Grant by the Dravet Syndrome Foundation: Genetic Substrates and Physiological Triggers for Autonomic and Cardiac Abnormalities in Dravet Syndrome
- David Auerbach and Justin Ryan speak at PAME 2022: More than Just Heart Rate: Real-time EKG analysis to detect warning signs of impending fatal cardiac dysfunction in people with epilepsy
- Kyle Wagner speaks at AES 2022: Rabbit Model of Long QT Syndrome Type 2 Exhibits Neuro-Cardiac Electrical Abnormalities and SUDEP
- Veronica Singh and Kyle Wagner present at PAME 2022 and AES 2022: Rabbit Model of Long QT Syndrome Type 2 Exhibits Neuro-Cardiac Electrical Abnormalities and SUDEP
- Lou Adebiyi presents at PAME 2022 and AES 2022: Phenytoin Induced Off Target Potassium Channel Blockage Provides a Substrate for Cardiac Electrical Abnormalities in Long QT Syndrome Type 2
- Justin Ryan presents at AES 2022: ECG-Based Measures of Autonomic Function Distinguish Epileptic vs Psychogenic Non-Epileptic Seizures
- Veronica Singh wins first prize best poster at the SUNY Upstate Biomedical Sciences Retreat: Development and Characterization of a Rabbit Model of Long QT Syndrome Type-2
- Lou Adebiyi, Justin Ryan, and Kyle Wagner have poster presentation abstracts accepted for the 2022 American Epilepsy Society meeting in December.
- Lou Adebiyi's abstract is also accepted for the young investigator award, and a second session: Broadening Representation and Inclusion by Growing Diversity and Equity (BRIDGE)
- Kyle Wagner's abstract was also accepted for a platform talk!
- Meghdad Sabouri Rad successfully defends his PhD in Electronic Engineering, Designing and fabricating multichannel neural signal recording system, from Tarbiat Moallem Univeristy of Iran.
- Veronica Singh joins the lab as a PhD student
- Roshanak Ebrahimi joins the lab as a PhD student
- Jackson Jost graduates from Syracuse University (Mathematics and Neuroscience)
- CURE Epilepsy Foundation: The Cameron Boyce Foundation and CURE Epilepsy Partner to Fund New SUDEP Research (1/2022)
- ABC News (Washington, DC): Victor and Libby Boyce raise epilepsy awareness in honor of late son Cameron (1/2022)
- Halleluyah Adebiyi (PREP-Up Student) wins Top Poster Award at 2021 Biomedical Science Retreat
- Justin Ryan, PhD joins the lab as a Data Analyst to lead the clinical research projects
- 2-Year grant from CURE Epilepsy "Cardiac & Autonomic Pathological Markers for Arrhythmias & Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy Patients"
- 4th year Medical Students Cameron Bosinski (Res. Track Anesthesiology), Joseph Toth (Int. Med), and Justin Durland (Int. Med) matched for Residency Programs
- Cameron Bosinski (4th year Med Student) presents at the American Epilepsy Society and PAME Meetings “Increased Propensity for Pharmacologically Induced Seizures and Sudden Death in Long QT Syndrome Rabbits”
- David Auerbach presents American Epilepsy Society Meeting “Temporal Changes in Autonomic Function Differ Surrounding Epileptic vs. Psychogenic Seizures.”
- Natalia DeMaria joins the lab as a Data Analyst
- 2-year grant from Central NY Foundation “Multi-System Monitoring to Identify Pathological Markers and Mechanisms for Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy”
- Auerbach Lab opens at SUNY Upstate Medical University
- See some pictures of the early days of the lab (i.e., pre-Kyle) here