Pediatric Residency Program
Upstate University Hospital
750 East Adams Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Google Maps & Directions
Phone: 315 464-5800
Name: Patricia Mondore, MA, Residency Program Coordinator
Upstate's innovative pediatric residency program allows our residents to prepare for careers in primary health care, subspecialty training, academic medicine, and community health.
The mission of the Pediatric Residency Program at SUNY Upstate Medical University is to foster professional growth and lifelong learning for all residents. We are committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse group of residents and to respecting the values and opinions of all physicians, colleagues, and patients. We strive to provide comprehensive and compassionate patient and family centered care to a diverse community, regardless of race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religion. We continue to seek feedback to improve and provide outstanding role modeling, as well as exemplary didactic and clinical instruction in an affirming learning environment, free from bias. Residents and faculty are committed to improving the health of the communities we serve through education, biomedical research, and patient care.
Our vision is to create a supportive and inclusive learning environment in which we nurture physicians who are competent, compassionate, and dedicated to providing the highest quality comprehensive care for our patients. We champion and espouse our SUNY Upstate institutional vision: United in expertise, compassion and hope to create a healthier world for all.
We are thrilled to announce that all seven of our current residents who entered the 2022 fellowship match found out on 11/30/22 that they matched in their chosen specialty. So, a great big congratulations to all of the following:
- Shehzad Ahmed – Peds GI - Univ of Rochester
- Andrew Brooks - Peds Emerg Med – Medical Univ of South Carolina
- Laaibah Ejaz – PICU – Children’s Hosp, Michigan
- Simi George – Peds Hosp Med – Michigan State
- Mayank Sharma – Peds Cardio – Univ of Iowa
- Lizzy Simmerman – Child Abuse – Upstate
- Alex Ramirez (chief) - Peds Hospital Med at NY Presbyterian
And of course, congratulations to nine of our 2022 graduates who all matched in subspecialty fellowships last year. We are so proud of them all! Check it out!
- Vaishali Adlakha: UT-Houston for peds GI
- Sophie Duron: St. Christopher's for peds EM
- Evan Ho: Northwell-LIJ for toxicology
- Richard Johnson: Children's Hospital of Michigan for PICU
- Maria Liverpool: Washington University-St. Louis for peds EM
- Laura Mejia-Connolly: Virginia Commonwealth University for PICU
- Jean Meneses: Penn State Hershey for cardiology
- Ruby Sangha: University of Pittsburgh for peds ID
- Aditi Shaily: Medical University of South Carolina for Rheum