Community Direction & Rates
The Parking Garage is located at the end of the main campus road. After coming off Broad Road, continue on the campus until you see the parking booths where you will find the entrance to the garage. Valet service is provided. Valet is located at the main Entrance off of the traffic circle.
Please note- Valet Service is charged $5 in addition to the posted parking rates.
|0.0 – 0.5 hours||Free|
|0.5 hours – 1 hour||$2.00|
|1 hour – 2 hours||$3.00|
|2 hours – 3 hours||$5.00|
|3 hours – 4 hours||$7.00|
|4 hours – 5 hours||$9.00|
|5 hours – 24 hours||$11.00|
|Rates reset at midnight.|
- Elevators and handicap parking spaces are located on every level of the garage.
- The parking office and parking booths will accept cash, checks and credit or debit cards. Please note that American Express is not accepted.
- The booth is not attended after 10 pm. After 10 pm please buzz the intercom for University Police to raise the gates.
- The open surface lots are permit parking for staff of the hospital. No visitor parking is allowed in those areas.
For other parking questions call the Parking Office at (315) 492-5017. After hours, weekends, and holidays call (315) 464-5073. The Campus Shuttle from Community to the Downtown Campus is available to patients.
Valet parking is provided in the Hospital circle Monday through Friday 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM to accept incoming cars. Valet service is available until 6 PM to retrieve parked cars. The cost of the service is $5.00 plus daily parking rates. There is no valet service on the following holidays: New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
Oversize Vehicle Parking
There is a vehicle height restriction in place for the Upstate Medical Community Garage, maximum allowed height is 6 feet 8 inches. If you have a vehicle taller than 6 feet 8 inches, the booth attendant will direct you where to park.
Weekly Visitor Parking
Parking is available in the SUNY Upstate Parking Garage East for visitors who have a long-term (in the hospital a week or more) patient in the hospital. Upstate Parking Garage East can be accessed by either Sarah Loguen or Elizabeth Blackwell Streets.
- The fee is $26.46 (tax included) for up to seven (7) consecutive days.
- A $10.00 deposit on a proximity card is required for all visitor issues. This card will enable the parker to use the Upstate Medical University Community Garage 24 hours a day, for the time frame they have paid.
- Deposit is refundable upon the return of the card.
The return of the proximity card (for refund of the deposit) may be made in person or by mail. If the return is made in person, visitors who are paid for the current day should park in the garage and arrangements will be made for their exit. If returning the proximity card by mail, a money order will be sent upon receipt of the proximity card. Those individuals should contact the Parking Office.
Reduced Patient Rates
Reduced rates are available for patients and their immediate family members. Financial assistance may also be available for those who cannot afford the normal parking rate. Financial assistance is based on providing an acceptable proof of financial need (example: a Medicaid card).
Public Safety is available 24 hours a day to provide an escort to the garage. You should allow approximately twenty minutes for Public Safety to arrange your escort.
Call boxes are located throughout the garages. The boxes can be located by the blue lights on top and have buttons for general assistance or for emergencies.