Employee Accessible Parking
Accessible parking is available in:
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Garage East
From Adams Street, the Visitor's garage is on the left, across from the Hospital. Enter from either Sarah Loguen Street or Elizabeth Blackwell Street.
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Garage West
From Adams Street, the Visitor's garage is on the left, across from the Hospital. Enter from either Sarah Loguen Street or Harrison Street.
- I Lot
Corner of S. McBride Street and Washington Street
- All off-campus surface lots
Any employee seeking Accessible parking will be asked to complete an Upstate Accessible request form. The form requires an employee to:
- Identify specific limitations as they pertain to parking (can the employee ride a bus);
- Obtain a physician signature;
- Provide information on any Accessible tag/permit issued to the individual by a municipality. Such tags must tie to the requester's New York State license number in order to qualify for Accessible status. (This tie is a new practice being employed by most municipalities, which includes the last four digits of the license on the Accessible permit.)
Upon approval by the parking office to use Accessible parking, the municipal (county, state, or town) permit must be displayed on the vehicle.
Only short-term Accessible permits with a maximum term of two months will be issued in the absence of one issued by a municipality. Issuance will be at the discretion of the parking office, with advice from the Office of Student and Employee Health. Such advice would be sought where the difficulty of the decision by the parking office warrants assistance. The parking office can consider an additional two-month extension. Under most situations, the permit for Accessible parking will be issued for use in one of the off-campus shuttle lot Accessible areas.
Vehicles not displaying valid Accessible identification will be ticketed and/or towed at the owner's expense.