Upstate's Pharmacy Team consists of highly trained healthcare professionals dedicated to providing the best possible patient care to each and every patient. The pharmacy has received Specialty Pharmacy Accreditation from both Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) and Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC), supporting our goal of providing the highest quality care for our patients.
Programs & Services Offered
- 340B Drug Pricing Program: is a US federal government program that was created back in 1992. This program requires drug manufacturers to provide eligible outpatient drugs to eligible health care organizations at significantly reduced prices.
- Financial Assistance: created to help patients in financial need purchase necessary medications and supplies. Via these programs, prescription medications may be available at a minimal fee for individuals who do not have insurance or are underinsured
- Medication Assistance Packaging Program: is a simple packaging systems to help you manage your medications. Medications are separated into time-stamped pouches so you only take the pouches you need for that particular day.
- Medications for Hope: to provide HOPE to patients who are unable to afford their medications.
- Meds-to-Beds Program: makes it easier for patients or families to receive their medications before leaving the hospital. Our Outpatient Pharmacy will fill and deliver outpatient medications to patients at their time of discharge.
- Prior Authorization: is in place to help Upstate patients eliminate obstacles in obtaining their prescriptions by assisting with the prior authorization process.
- Specialty Pharmacy Services: is a service to ensure the availability of specialty trained dedicated pharmacists and clinicians that can assist in medication management specific to your disease state.