Upstate University Hospital
750 East Adams Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Google Maps & Directions
Phone: 315 464-4006
Name: Amanda McCoy, Residency Program Administrator
The SUNY Upstate Residency Program began in 1952. We currently have a team of 20 residents, assigning 5 residents for each post-graduate year. The medical facilities in Syracuse serve a 21 county area as a major referral center and thus draw patients from the entire region as well as the population of the metropolitan area.
- University Hospital
- University Hospital at Community Hospital
- Crouse Hospital
- Health Science Library with over 112,000 volumes
- Institute for Human Performance (IHP)
- Campus Activities Building
- Educational Communications
- Marley Education Center
- Weiskotten Hall
- Center for Maternal Child Health
- Upstate Health Care Center
- Upstate Simulation Center
- Upstate Specialty Services at 550 Harrison
- Virtual Tour of Upstate Simulation Center
Gynecology rotations are done at University Hospital and Crouse Hospital. University Hospital is a 350-bed facility which is staffed entirely by College of Medicine full-time and clinical faculty. It also houses office, out-patient, teaching, and research facilities. Crouse Hospital, a private 600-bed facility, is a major affiliate of SUNY Upstate Medical University. The obstetrics rotation are done entirely at this hospital.
Close collaboration with nearby health facilities is ongoing. A balanced experience is offered in the community hospital setting as well as in the tertiary care programs of our University Hospital.
- Fetal monitoring
- Sonography - Abdominal and Transvaginal
- Caesarean Hysterectomy
- Advanced Laparoscopy
- Operative Hysteroscopy
- Laser surgery
- All Methods of Contraception
New training areas are being continuously developed in response to changes in medical practice.