Tuition Programs & Scholarships
Professional Nursing Staff Tuition Assistance Program
Upstate University Hospital of Upstate Medical University at Syracuse is offering tuition assistance to encourage and support our staff in advancing their professional and personal skills in delivering excellent nursing care.
Professional Development Program Assistant
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Who Is Eligible?
Full- and part-time (0.50 FTE or greater) Nursing Department state employees and professional nursing staff who are state employees and report outside the Nursing Department pursuing education to advance professional and personal skills in delivering nursing care.
- Must be an employee for 3 months
- Must have a satisfactory performance evaluation and satisfactory time/attendance
- Must have a written career plan focusing on educational goals
- Review the Program Policy (NDM B-25 located at https://upstate.ellucid.com/documents/view/786) for further information.
- The application is made online through Self-Serve and must be submitted for each new semester or session; one application per school.
- Support will be provided to those eligible employees pursuing coursework applied towards an AAS, BS, MS, MSW, social services, doctoral degree, or post-masters certificate, in Nursing or Administration (i.e., MBA, MPA, MPH, Health Care, Nursing Administration or others as deemed appropriate by the Chief Nursing Officer).
- Tuition support is paid at the current SUNY rate, which is determined by the Fall semester of the year. For doctoral degrees, Upstate will cover at 80% of the current doctoral credit hour rate.
- Minimum grades: "C" for lower division and undergraduate level courses, "B" for graduate level courses. If the required grade is not maintained, the employee will be ineligible for further tuition. Grades are to be submitted online using the "Submit Grades" portal on the left side of this page.
- Evidence of program completion (transcript) must be submitted to the Tuition Assistance Coordinator and to the Nursing Recruitment Office.