New Knowledge, Innovations, & Improvements
How Upstate Nursing Innovates and continually improves…
What does it mean?
Magnet designated organizations conscientiously integrate evidence-based practice and research into clinical and operational processes.
Why is it important?
Developing evidence based care models lead the organization in making changes that result in improved outcomes for our patients, their families and the communities we serve.
How to get involved:
- Participate in journal clubs
- Attend local and national conferences
- Join specialty organizations
- Partake in continuous education
- Conduct and participate in research
- Collaborate with health-science librarians
- Share your reserch through poster presentations or podium presentations
- Promote evidence-based innovation in patient care
- Share evidence for policy reviews
Examples at Upstate:
Access to Nursing Reference Center Plus onlineHouse-wide as well as Unit based Process improvement initiatives
- Bedside report and hourly rounding
- Fall prevention
- Safety Companion/Avasure
- Informed about delays
Evidence-based practice initiatives
- CHG bathing
- Safe sleep
- Nose to Toes initiative