Welcome to your Magnet Site Prep Toolkit Area!
What is the Magnet Recognition Program?
What are the benefits of Magnet Recognition?
- Increased patient satisfaction
- Decreased mortality rates
- Decreased pressure ulcers
- Decreased falls
- Patient safety and improved quality
- Increased RN retention and lower nurse burnout
- Decreased RN vacancy rate and RN turnover rate
- Increased RN satisfaction
For the hospital…Magnet signifies high quality care to consumers:
- Increased press and media coverage focused on quality nursing care reducing marketing expenses.
- Gain and maintain competitive advantage in regional markets.
What are the five components of the Magnet Recognition Model?
- Transformational Leadership
- Structural Empowerment
- Exemplary Professional Practice
- New Knowledge, Innovations & Improvements
- Empirical Outcomes
What are some characteristics of a transformational leader?
What are some components of exemplary professional practice at Upstate?
- Care Delivery System Model
- Professional Practice Model
- Ethical decision-making processes
- Professional development opportunities
What does the term “empirical outcomes” refer to in the Magnet Model?
What are the components of the Upstate Professional Practice Model?
- Holistic Care
What is the Patient Care Delivery System at Upstate?
Patient and family centered care is our care delivery model, in which we incorporate the patient and family into the plan of care and deliver care based on the individualized needs of the patient & family.
What are the key quality indicators that are being collected at Upstate (i.e. empirical outcomes)?
- Nursing Sensitive Indicators (NSI)
- Clinical outcomes related to patient care such as hospital acquired pressure ulcers, falls, catheter associated urinary tract infections, and central line infections.
- Patient satisfaction (HCAHPS)
- Nurse satisfaction
What are Nursing Sensitive Indicators?
- Nursing Sensitive Indicators (NSI) are measures that reflect the structure, processes and outcomes of nursing care (American Nurses Association, 2004).
- These measures reflect the impact of nursing care.
- Three types of NSIs were presented in our Magnet evidence: Clinical Quality, Patient Satisfaction and Nurse Satisfaction.