What to Bring to Your Visit
If we do not already have your medical information in our office, please bring the following with you on the day of your appointment.
- Diagnostics: All diagnostic studies related to your neurosurgical condition including the films and the written reports. These include: X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, angiograms, mylograms, discograms.
- New Patient Package: If you are a new patient to our office, you should have received a “New Patient” package. Please make sure to complete the History and Medication forms included.
- Insurance Information: Your insurance information, including your insurance card.
- Referral: Referral from your primary care physician, if needed.
- Referring Physician Information: Please let us know the names, address, phone and fax numbers of the physicians to whom you would like us to send our reports and findings.
- Questions: A list of questions you want to ask the physician.
Workers Compensation Information: If your visit is related to a work injury, please make sure to bring the claim number, address and phone number of the insurance, the date of the injury, and the phone number of the case manager handling your claim.
Additional Testing & Results
During your visit, the doctor may decide that additional testing is needed. We will make every effort to schedule these tests at a convenient time and location. Please note that some tests may require an authorization from your insurance company prior to being able to schedule them. It may take several days before an authorization is received from your insurer.
We will contact you regarding your test results and follow-up as they are received and the physician has the opportunity to thoroughly review them. Please note that it may take up to a week for some routine testing results to become available. If you have not heard from us, please contact your physician’s office and ask to speak to his Administrative Assistant.
If you and your physician decide that surgery is the best option, our surgery scheduler will coordinate a convenient time and arrange for your pre-testing requirements. The scheduler will obtain authorization from your insurer for the doctor’s professional coverage. The hospital will also pre-certify your hospital stay with your insurer.
Our Committment to You
Our group is dedicated to offering superior neurosurgical care in a patient-focused and caring environment. We encourage you to let us know how well we are caring for you.
If you have recommendations on how we can improve our practice, please offer comments directly to your care-team. Your suggestions are always welcomed and we appreciate your feedback.