[Skip to Content]

Admission / How to Apply

Admission Requirements

The preclinical curriculum of the Medical School fulfills the necessary didactic credits required for entry into the Physiology Master program.

When students matriculate into the program, the necessary credits will be transferred to the graduate school. To be eligible, for the MS in Physiology for MD Students program, students will be expected to have previous research experience and be in good standing with the Medical School.

How to Apply

This program is currently open for SUNY Upstate Medical University Medical Students. Please find the application form at My Upstate under Admissions.

Applicants must provide

  • CV
  • Two Letters of recommendation, one of which should speak to your previous research experience
  • Upstate Unofficial Transcript including Fall Semester grades
  • A letter of Good Standing from the College of Medicine Dean’s Office issued following the release of the Fall Semester Grades
  • Brief statements describing:
    • Previous research experience
    • Long-term goals
    • Readiness for the program
  • Two possible research areas of focus related to physiology selected from the following: https://www.upstate.edu/grad/faculty/major-areas.php

How to Apply

  • Complete the SUNY Upstate Internal Application 
  • Once logged in, click on NEW Under "For Current Upstate Students Only" menu and select the "MS in Physiology for Current MD Students" application.
  • A screenshot of your current Upstate transcript/grades from MyUpstate sent to [email protected]
  • Two Letters of Recommendation: One of which should speak to your lab and/or research experience. These letters should be sent directly to [email protected]
  • Letter of Good Standing: Current MD Students applying internally to the MS in Physiology program must be in good standing in the College of Medicine MD program. Once your application to the MS program is submitted, please send an email to [email protected] to request a verification of good standing, which the admissions office will obtain directly from the campus registrar.