Upstate Health Care Center
90 Presidential Plaza
Syracuse, NY 13202
Map & directions
Phone: 315 464-4243
Fax: 315 464-7328
Neurologists prevent, diagnose and treat diseases of the nervous system. In general terms, these diseases will affect the brain, spinal cord, nerves or muscles.
Commonly treated diseases include:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
There are many additional nervous system diseases for which neurologists provide care.
A neurologist is a physician who completes four years of specialized training in neurology, often followed by 1 or more years of further specialization in neuromuscular disease, epilepsy, stroke, or other field Medicine.
Department of Neurology physicians and staff provide clinical care to patients from an area ranging from Pennsylvania to the Canadian border, and including over 16 counties in Upstate New York.
The Department is organized into inpatient and outpatient services. Inpatient services include the General Neurology Ward Service, the Stroke Service, and the Neurology Critical Care Service. A Neurology Consultation Service also provides consultative care for patients admitted to the hospital for other reasons, but who also have neurological complaints.
Puneet Kapur, MD
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurology
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Neurology: General Neurology
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowship: SUNY Upstate Medical University, 2018, Clinical Neurophysiology
- MD: SUNY Albany, 2017
- Residency: SUNY Upstate Medical University, 2017, Neurology
- MPH: University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2009
- MBBS: Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun, India, 2008
Specialties & Certification
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)
Diseases & Conditions Treated
- Acute & Chronic Diseases and Conditions in Adult Patients
- American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
- Delhi Medical Council
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
Faculty Profile Shortcut: https://www.upstate.edu/faculty/kapurp