Stipend and Benefits
The department subsidizes resident membership in the American Academy of Neurology.
This membership includes a subscription to:
Official journal of the American Academy of Neurology
American Academy of Neurology's self-study continuing medical education monograph
- Each PGY-1 resident receives a $550 stipend for educational expenses.
- Each resident PGY-2 to PGY- 4 receives $750 stipend for educational expenses.
- PGY-2 residents receive 3 days of educational leave.
- PGY-3 residents receive 5 days of educational leave.
- PGY-4 residents receive 7 days of education leave.
- Residents presenting as first author at national meetings receive department support for travel expenses of up to $1500. Residents can include the $750 stipend listed above for a total of $2250
- Lab coats are provided
- If a resident reaches the PGY-4 year and has not attended an educational conference $750 will be allotted to attend a conference.
- Lunch at 12n conference is provided 4 days per week.
- ENLS certification and re-certification fees
- Residency in-service exam fees
- Residents have use of a suite with:
- BLS/ACLS certification
- Well-being resources
- On Call stipend
- See resident appointment for additional employee benefits