Salary and Benefits
Fellows receive malpractice protection from the State of New York. Major medical and a number of health-insurance options, including a prescription drug program, are provided, beginning on the 43rd day of employment. Residents are entitled to:
- 15 working days of vacation
- Lab coats
- Up to $2,050 per year for all educational and conference expenses
- $950 to use towards the ABPN subspecialty Board fee (1/2 the fee), boards are every 2 years and the reimbursement is provided the fellow takes the board exam the first time it is offered after graduation
- CNP board is offered is offered on the odd years i.e. 2021, 2023 etc.
- Epilepsy board is offered on the even i.e. 2022, 2024 etc.
- Vascular board is offered on the even i.e. 2022, 2024 etc.
- Neurocritical Care board is offered on the odd years i.e. 2021, 2023 etc.
- BLS/ACLS training
- Well-being resources; see MedHub for list
- See resident appointment for additional employee benefits