Vote for Best Hospital Rankings
We are proud of the work of our talented faculty and the physicians who are associated with our programs. We encourage you to consider voting for Upstate University Hospital in the US News and World Report best hospital rankings in the Neurology & Neurosurgery category. While we do very well in advanced technologies and patient services (scoring "excellent" in each) mentions from our expert colleagues can make a difference.
This year's survey runs through March 25. Board-certified physicians can vote for up to five hospitals in their specialty. To vote, you need to be a member of Doximity, If you haven’t received a survey, you can register here. When filling out the Nominations, please search for “Upstate University Hospital”.
Throughout the past two years, the pandemic has not stopped our vision:
- We’ve brought our two departments of Neurosurgery and Neurology together to create the Upstate Neurological Institute which consists of multidisciplinary teams of experts to provide the best patient care and treatment options—and we lead the region in advances for patient care, medical education and research in neuroscience.
- Together we offer the region’s only Level-4 epilepsy program, the recently expanded NeuroICU, newly created neuro-oncology program at the Cancer Center. Our Comprehensive Stroke Center has expanded telestroke to 12 facilities across the state.
- We’ve added 9 new faculty bringing our total faculty count to 58 plus several adjunct faculty, including both clinical and research members.
- We continue training the next generation of clinicians and surgeons and have expanded the neurology residency program to 9 positions per year, and neurosurgery residency program alternating one resident and two residents every other year, as well as the opportunities for fellowships.
- Our clinical research section is conducting a record number of trials. We belong to the prestigious NIH StrokeNet and NeuroNEXT networks. We also have several NIH grants as well as a DOD grant.