The Nappi Wellness Institute at Upstate University Hospital provides adult and pediatric primary and specialty care integrated with behavioral health care, palliative care, nutrition and social support. This innovative new space is designed to encourage collaboration by offering several health care services under one roof, including easy access to social support services and behavioral health care.
Together, our providers share in the care of patients, development of care plans and education of patients and families both in person and via telemedicine.
- Upstate After Hours Care provides open access to urgent care directly inside the main entrance on the first floor. This innovative model combines telemedicine and walk-in care outside traditional office hours to meet the needs of our community and reduce trips to the Emergency Room.
- Upstate Connect Care ensures current Upstate patients get primary and specialty care when needed.
- Upstate Outpatient Pharmacy adds a new location to the first floor for patient convenience.
- Upstate Radiology adds a new location to the second floor with the newest technology, including a diagnostic x-ray room, diagnostic chest x-ray room, 3T MRI, high/volume slice CT scanner, and two ultrasound rooms on the second floor. This technology provides comprehensive testing services for efficient care.
- Upstate Pathology is also adding a Patient Blood Draw Service Center location on the second floor, with dedicated staff and seven blood draw rooms, including a larger room for our smallest patients. To get patient results even quicker, all samples are processed right at Upstate!
- Behavioral Health Care has created a new patient care model in the Nappi Wellness Institute to serve adults and children with ten consult rooms on the second floor in addition to integrated services within our medical practices.
- Upstate Geriatrics is designated as the Center of Excellence for Alzheimer's Disease (CEAD) in Central New York and serves 15 counties. University Geriatricians provide outpatient consultations, diagnosis and treatment in collaboration with the patient's primary care provider. This new practice location on the second floor will have a dedicated Neuropsychologist and Physical Therapists onsite.
- Upstate University Internists moves from 550 Harrison St. to continue to provide adult primary care and build long-lasting relationships with patients. Care is accessible, efficient, and effective for improved overall health, and lower health care costs.
- Upstate Adult Medicine moves from UHCC to the to the third floor of the Nappi Wellness Institute and will continue to provide adult primary care through their resident-led model of care. Together with attending physicians, NP’s, PA’s, and nursing staff, this team promotes and maintains good health, prevents disease prevention, offers patient education, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses.
- Upstate Inclusive Health Services is happy to offer an affirming space for primary care to the LGBTQ+ community, including transgender care, regardless of HIV status.
- Upstate Family Medicine provides primary care for the whole family, from birth to end of life care. They will be moving their UHCC practice to the fourth floor of the Nappi Wellness Institute while maintaining and expanding their offerings at Community.
- Upstate Center for International Health provides primary care to adult and pediatric refugee patients for several years and is excited to have their own space on the fourth floor of the Nappi Wellness Institute.
- Upstate Pediatric and Adolescent Center (UPAC) and ENHANCE Services for Children in Foster Care occupies the rest of the fourth floor and continues to offer exemplary primary care to a diverse population of our youngest patients, through age 21.
- Joslin Diabetes Center, Endocrinology and Osteoporosis: Adult & Pediatric services moves from their Genesee Street office to the Nappi Wellness Institute as the sole tenant of the fifth floor.