Academic Resources & Support Services
Accessing Program-Specific InformationOnce enrolled in the Upstate Public Health Program, all students will be enrolled in the Upstate Public Health Program Course on Blackboard where you will find additional program-specific information, announcements and guidance.
Technical Specifications for MPH Students
Students enrolled in the Upstate Public Health Program are required to own a laptop or computer. The computer should meet the following minimum specifications:
- A Windows Laptop with at least a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 8Gb of RAM, 160Gb hard drive, wireless network ability and at least 13 inch screen. Windows 7,8 or 10.
- A Macintosh Laptop with at least a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 8Gb of RAM, 160Gb hard drive, wireless network ability and at least 13 inch screen. OS-X 10.8Operating Systemor higher.
- In most cases laptop computers less than 3 years old should meet the above minimum specifications with the possible exception of adequatee RAM. It is recommended that consideration be given to upgrading the computer's RAM to 8 Gb.
Tablets (iPad or Surface) are not supported and sufficient for student requirements.
Students will also be required to have access to:
- Microsoft Office
- SPSS - at minimum students will need access to the Base Package (available for purchase here with a student discount and in 6 or 12 month terms)
- SAS for students in Data and Analytics Concentration only (provided by the University)
Upstate will provide students with anti-virus softwareupon request.
For information about the above recommendations, please contact Mr. Jeffrey Wessel at firstname.lastname@example.org