Program at a Glance
Tuition is at the current SUNY graduate tuition rate for matriculated students.
The Upstate Public Health MPH Degree requires a minimum of 42 credit hours and accommodates both the full and part-time students. Most full-time students complete the degree in 24 months, but students have up to five years to complete the degree.
As an interdisciplinary degree, the MPH offers our students flexibility in regards to their interest and career aspirations. The diversity and complexity of today's public health concerns require professionals to have a broad base of knowledge, skills and experiences. In addition to the foundational and concentration-specific courses, students may choose from a menu of elective courses.
Data and Analytics ConcentrationFoundational Courses (24 Credit Hours)
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Principles of Biostatistics
- Principles of Environmental Health
- Social & Behavioral Dimensions of Public Health
- Public Health Policy
- Public Health Administration
- Public Health Research Methods
- Program Planning & Evaluation
- Advanced Epidemiology
- Advanced Biostatistics
- Advanced Qualitative Methods
- Advanced Quantitative Methods
- Advanced Analytical Software
Applied Practice Experience (3 Credit Hours)
Elective(s) (Minimum of 3 Credit Hours)
Integrative Learning Experience - Comprehensive Exam
In their final semester, students take a comprehensive exam – an integrative learning experience – that incorporates all of the coursework and subject matter they have learned in the program.