Certificate of Advanced Study in Public Health
Program at a Glance
The Certificate of Advanced Study in Public Health (CASPH) is a 5 course (15-credit hour) program of study. The certificate can be completed in as little as two semesters but students have up to five years to complete the requirements for the program.
The Certificate Program is organized to offer a foundational curriculum centered around the public health competencies. The curriculum has been designed to reflect the interrelationship between public health practice and research and designed to train current and future practitioners and researchers in the core public health functions. The abbreviated training allows interested students, who are either unable to complete a master degree, yet interested in augmenting on-the-job training or supplementing an advanced degree with foundational public health principles and practices, the opportunity to acquire the necessary training to manage public health problems.
The certificate program:
- Provides an avenue for interdisciplinary training in public health for health care workers, and degree seeking students;
- Contributes to the on-going efforts to enhance relationships between community agencies by creating opportunity to educate and engage a large community of trained public health professionals;
- Provides professional development opportunities; and
- Creates a pathway to the Master of Public Health program for interested students.
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Principles of Biostatistics
- Principles of Environmental Health
- Social and Behavioral Dimensions of Public Health
- Public Health Administration
International Students: The Certificate of Advanced Study in Public Health is not an option for international study. International students should apply to the Master of Public Health Degree.