Department of Medicine Grant Program
The Department of Medicine supports research projects that are based on collaboration of the Faculty and Trainees, including medical and graduate students, residents, clinical and research fellows.
Grant Application Guide and Forms for Funding period 7/1/2024-6/30/2025
The DOM grant application form provides detailed instructions on preparation and submission of the application. The application form follows the template of the Upstate Intramural Grant Program and it anticipates that all applicable regulatory policies will be satisfied.
- Next Deadline for submission: May 1, 2024.
Important items to consider:
- The Principal Investigator is expected to be a full-time faculty member of the Department of Medicine
- Submission or active grant by a Principal Investigator is limited to one per year.
- The grant applications will be scored on the basis of significance, impact, feasibility, qualifications of the PI and collaborators, potential to secure extramural support, and inclusion of trainees.
- Trainees need to be involved and listed on the face page of the application.
- Progress report would be expected upon completion of the project.
- Applications will be reviewed by the DOM Research Council with representatives sought from each Division. Members of the council will be excluded from scoring grants of a PI from the same division.