At Upstate we understand the importance of being proactive about your health-especially when it comes to breast imaging.
That's because breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in women worldwide and the second most frequent cause of cancer deaths among women. And while every woman is different, routine screenings and early detection have shown to dramatically improve survival rates-by more than 90 percent in some cases.
Upstate's Breast Imaging Team is committed to the early detection and diagnosis of breast cancer. If breast cancer is suspected, you can find reassurance in the fact that our radiologists work closely with Upstate's own team of dedicated breast surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, pathologists and others at Upstate. Together, they form the only breast program in the region to be fully accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
Upstate Breast Imaging services are Breast Imaging Centers of Excellence, accredited by the American College of Radiology with dedicated nurses, certified technologists, and radiologists who specialize in breast imaging.
Upstate is committed to providing the highest quality care, with all facets of breast imaging available including digital mammography with 3D tomosynthesis, breast ultrasound, and breast MRI.
We also perform stereotactic, mammographic, ultrasound and MRI-guided breast procedures.
Available equipment is truly state-of-the-art including full field digital mammography, computer-aided detection (CAD), high-end ultrasound systems and advanced high field clinical MRI units.
- Digital mammography with digital breast tomosynthesis (3D)
- High-end Ultrasound Systems
- Advanced high field clinical MRI
- PET CT
Other Services Include
- Routine screening and diagnostic mammograms
- Mammography guided stereotactic breast biopsies
- Screening and diagnostic ultrasound
- Ultrasound guided cyst aspirations, FNA's and breast biopsies
- Ultrasound and mammography guided localizations for surgery
- MRI screening and diagnostic imaging
- MRI guided breast biopsies
- PET CT scanning