Logo Apparel Guidelines
Guidelines for Using the Upstate Logo on Apparel
Applying the new Upstate logos to apparel, such as clothing, hats and other accessories, is an excellent way to extend our brand.
There is no official vendor for Upstate apparel. Individuals and departments may select their own vendor as long as these guidelines are adhered to. Vendors do not create the Upstate logo. They use approved logos on file or those supplied by the Upstate person making the purchase.
The following guidelines will help you in applying the Upstate logos to apparel to achieve the greatest impact.
These guidelines apply to all logos in our brand hierarchy:
- Do not add any additional art or icons to any Upstate logo.
- Logos must be rendered in the Upstate colors or in black, white or navy blue. Do not alter the colors of the logo. (See more on official Upstate colors.)
- If you need a departmental logo for apparel, these must be created only with the Upstate fonts. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the department or unit name.
- Do not stretch the logo or turn it sideways. Proportions of the Upstate logo must remain the same whether reduced or enlarged.
- When applied to a T-shirt, sweatshirt, jacket, hat or other apparel, the Upstate logo should be placed so it is easily visible, with ample clear zone around it.
- The Upstate logo should not be so large that it wraps around an apparel item, or the wearer has to turn so the entire logo is visible.
- The Upstate logo should never be placed in such a way that it would be divided by a zipper, buttons or other fasteners. It should not be placed across a pocket so that the logo would be divided when the pocket is opened.
- The Upstate logo cannot be placed in a box.
- The Upstate logo is a copyrighted image and must not be altered. It may not be shaded, shadowed, screened, used in outline form or filled with a texture or photo.
- Always use an approved Upstate logo instead of creating your own, and do not use a scanned, recreated, re-proportioned or otherwise modified version of the logo. To obtain an approved Upstate logo, visit the logos page.
We thank you for the important role you play in building our brand and creating awareness of the enormous impact Upstate has in our community. Your help in applying these guidelines consistently will ensure our efforts have the greatest effect possible. If you have any questions about using the new logo on apparel, please contact the Upstate Marketing Department for assistance at email@example.com.