[Skip to Content]

When do you need an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in trauma?

Brian Kistler, MDBrian Kistler, MD, an Upstate orthopedic surgeon with trauma fellowship training, is one of the specialists likely to care for you if you break bones in a serious traumatic injury. Kistler has developed expertise in caring for patients with nonunions (bone fractures that have not healed properly) and malunions (bones that have improperly alligned), situations that may require additional surgery. He explains his role and why broken bones seem to grow back stronger.