[Skip to Content]

Get people with eating disorder into treatment, expert urges

Kathleen Deters-HayesTreatments for eating disorders vary, but they might involve one‘s primary care provider, a therapist and a nutritionist to work on the different aspects of the illness. Kathleen Deters-Hayes, a clinical social worker who coordinates Upstate‘s Eating Disorder Program, describes the symptoms of anorexia, bulimia and binge-eating disorder and how parents might detect this behavior in their children. She stresses the importance of getting people into treatment and says anyone may contact the Eating Disorder Program office at 315-464-3179 for information or a referral.