Welcome and congratulations on your acceptance to SUNY Upstate Medical University! Accepted Student Checklist:
- PhD students are not required to pay a deposit
- The College of Nursing spring start program deposits are refundable until December 1st
- The Physician Assistant and Doctorate of Physical Therapy program's deposits are refundable until March 1st
- Please note that if you were accepted into the Physical Therapy program, you are not required to pay a deposit until after Jan 15th
- The College of Medicine Deposits are refundable until April 30th
- The Colleges of Health Professions and Nursing fall start program deposits are refundable until May 1st
Log-in to MyUpstate
Submit ID Badge Photo
Your ID badge photo needs to be approved before you have access to the Microsoft Outlook email system and the Blackboard class information system. Instructions for the badge submission will be on your MyUpstate account.
Complete Incoming Student Background Check
A background check is required by the University for all incoming students. Acceptance of this offer affirms that you have read the Background Information Sheet and understand your obligations regarding submission of a background check and updating the Office of Admissions with subsequent information. This must be completed prior to orientation.
- College of Medicine MD, MD/MPH, RMSP, and MD/PhD do not need to complete another background check, as one was completed through AMCAS.
- College of Graduate Studies PhD accepted students are considered employees of the University and will have employee background checks conducted upon matriculation as graduate assistants.
- International applicants are not required to submit the SUNY Upstate "My Certified" background check, as a background check is required for the Visa application process.
Accept Financial Aid
All accepted students who have completed a FAFSA will receive an email to log onto MyUpstate to review their Financial Aid Award. The Financial Aid tab in MyUpstate outlines the financial assistance (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.) available. Please follow the instructions on the tab to accept or decline your aid and complete the necessary loan requirements such as the e-MPN, Entrance Counseling, or Financial Aid Verification. Questions regarding this process can be directed to the Office of Financial Aid at (315) 464-4570.
Take Housing Survey
Once your deposit is processed, you will see a link in your MyUpstate directing you to complete your intent to live on campus in Geneva Tower.
Submit Health Forms and Immunization Records
All students must upload their Health History Form, Proof of Physical and Immunization records in the Student Health Portal at least 4 weeks prior to the start of class. We encourage all students to have their PPD completed by the doctor performing their physical, prior to arriving on Campus. Please review the new student health form submission process or visit the Student Health Mandatory Health Clearance Website for additional information and to submit forms.
***Please submit ALL required documentation well in advance of your anticipated start date. Waiting to provide your documents during orientation may result in delaying your ability to start class on time.***
Submit Final Transcripts, Advanced Credit, and College Credit Coursework
We must receive final transcripts, including any AP, IB, and CLEP, showing successful completion of your current studies. Official college transcripts and test scores can be addressed directly to:
SUNY Upstate Student Admissions
766 Irving Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13210
Review Health Insurance Requirement
All Students are required to have health Insurance. If you have existing insurance, log onto MyUpstate to submit documentation for a waiver. If you do not have health insurance, do nothing and you will automatically be billed.
Information for Orientation is on the Incoming Student website at http://www.upstate.edu/studentorientation
For Orientation related questions, please contact:
Director of Campus Activities and Special Projects
Coordinator of New Student Orientation Programs
For Admissions related questions, please contact:
SUNY Upstate Admissions Office