Orientation to Bb
Do you have questions about Blackboard/Bb?
Blackboard is the Learning Management System used at Upstate. If Bb is new to you, registered students may access our Bb Orientation Course, where you can learn what you need to know for online learning.
- Getting Started gives you the basics you need to know about Bb at Upstate, including an overview of browsers, Bb icons, etc.
- Navigation will inform you about the ways to move around in Bb; the back button is not your only tool!
- Quizzes and Tests - there are some things to learn about taking quizzes and tests in Bb; this is an overview.
- Assignments - your instructors might collect papers through the Assignment feature; we also use TurnItIn, which checks to make sure your papers are your own work!
- Discussion Boards and Blogs - Blackboard offers a way to hold discussions anytime, 24/7.
If you are a registered student at Upstate Medical University, use the Quick Link to Bb on the right side of this page, log in and look for the “Orientation to Bb” in your course list. If you don’t find it, please contact the Distance Learning Office.