How to Add Personnel to an IACUC Protocol
Individuals (faculty, staff, students, volunteers) with anticipated animal contact must be listed on your IACUC protocol.
The checklist below outlines the actions required by new personnel AND by the principal investigator in the order in which they should be completed.
Important: Personnel will not be added to a protocol and will not be cleared to train or work with animals until ALL required actions are complete.
Actions Required by New Personnel
- Complete all required training - see Training page.
- Read the IACUC policy: Occupational Health Policy for Individuals with Animal Contact which provides species-specific zoonotic information.
- Complete the Occupational Health Assessment form; then email to ESHealth@upstate.edu
- Complete the Training Summary Form; then email to the IACUC Office.
IMPORTANT: You must not have direct animal contact until you are cleared by the IACUC office to begin to train/work with animals in research.
Action Required by Principal Investigator
IACUC Office Review and Clearance
- The IACUC office will review submitted paperwork.
- When all actions have been completed and the requested documentation is on file,
the IACUC office will clear the individual for participation in your animal research project.
Email the IACUC office or call 315-464-4292.