Chairs should have a number of adjustments that allow users to customize the fit and promote a good seated posture. This is especially important for individuals who sit for a large portion of the day.
Here is a summary of important chair features:
- Chairs should offer height adjustment
- The seat depth should be adjustable
- Armrests should be fully adjustable
- The backrest should be height adjustable and feel supportive in your lumbar spine
- Appropriate casters for carpet or linoleum surfaces should be considered
- Appropriate chair coverings should be considered depending upon application (vinyl or fabric)
- The chair should be easily adjusted while the user is seated
- MOST IMPORTANT - The Chair should feel COMFORTABLE! If the chair isn't comfortable it may need to be adjusted or replaced.
- It is recommended to trial a chair to determine if it will meet your needs.
- Chair samples are available from local vendors!
- Call the Ergonomics Department for more information 315-741-2996
SIT / STAND WORKSTATIONS
- Ergonomic office supply products are available for purchase through Gholkar's, Staples, OfficeMax, Amazon and more!
- Your Ergonomic Specialist would be happy to recommend products!