Chairs should have a number of adjustments that allow users to customize the fit and promote a good seated posture. This is especially important for individuals who sit for a large portion of the day.
Here is a summary of important chair features:
- Chairs should offer pneumatic seat height adjustment.
- The seat depth should be adjustable.
- Chairs should have a five-star base and be able to swivel.
- Armrests should not be leaned on when working, only for resting. Armrests should be fully adjustable.
- The backrest should be height adjustable and have a locking tilt adjustment and/or rocking mechanism.
- Appropriate casters for carpet or linoleum surfaces should be considered.
- Appropriate chair coverings should be considered depending upon application (vinyl or fabric).
- The chair should be easily adjusted while the user is seated.
It is highly recommended to use a chair for a trial period to determine if it will meet your needs. Chair samples are available from local vendors! Please call the Ergonomics Department for more information.
- Ergonomic office supply products are available for purchase through Gholkar's, Staples, OfficeMax, Amazon and more!