Educational Benefits for UUP Represented Employees
UUP Chapter Directory: Contact Information
UUP Employee Course Tuition Waiver
Website: UUP Educational Benefits
Location: Room 200 (2nd Floor), Campus Activities Building
Phone: (315) 464-5148
Fax: (315) 464-4648
Window Hours: Monday-Friday,8:30 AM-4:25 PM
This program waives full tuition expenses for credit coursework taken on either a credit or audit basis at 4-year SUNY institutions. Fees other than tuition are not covered and are the responsibility of the employee. Courses under this program are offered on a space available basis, determined by SUNY, and employees must meet all course prerequisites. Employees in the Professional Services Negotiating Unit (PSNU) may enroll in a maximum of one (1) course per semester and/or special session (e.g., summer session) under this program.
Before filling out this form, please check with the school you are applying to as they may require a form through their Bursar's office: UUP Tuition Waiver FormAfter completing the form:
- Obtain the required signature from the Human Resources Department
- Once signed, make two (2) additional copies
- Keep one (1) copy for your own records
- Bring the other copies to the Bursar's Office at the school you will be attending along with the bill and any required fees
*See also Application for Waiver of Tuition and Health Related Tuition Assistance at UUP Educational Benefits
NYS/UUP Joint Labor-Management Committees (JLMC) Professional Development Committee
The Professional Development Committee provides funding for professional development activities: providing training to improve job performance; assisting employees in developing their full professional potential; and preparing for advancement.
Website: UUP Scholarships
- UUP College Scholarship Fund: Provides funding aid to both undergraduate and post baccalaureate students attending SUNY campuses.
- The UUP Steve Street Award is given to an undergraduate student or group of undergraduate students currently enrolled at a SUNY campus who have created any paper or documented any project related to social justice issues or topics.
- The Robert G. Porter Scholars Program: Funded through The American Federation of Teachers (AFT). Programs are available for both UUP bargaining unit members and their dependents.