Educational Benefits for PEF/Registered Nurses
Phone: (315) 464-6148
Governor's Office of Employee Relations (GOER) Tuition Benefits
Workshops for PEF-represented Employees
The Public Service Workshops Program (PSWP) is for New York State PEF-represented and Management/Confidential (M/C) employees. Most workshops address the professional development needs of employees in job titles or professions within seven major Occupational Groups. For more information, read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Register through the Statewide Learning Management System:
Employees can register for these workshops through SLMS, the State’s online learning management system at https://nyslearn.ny.gov/.
For help logging in, contact the SLMS Help Desk at 518-473-8087, Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-5:00 PM, or email at SLMSHelpdesk@its.ny.gov.
Registered Nurses-NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program (formerly Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program)
NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program:
We support registered nurses (RNs), advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs), and nurse faculty by paying up to 85% of their unpaid nursing education debt.
Are you eligible for loan repayment?
Review the following NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program requirements to find out. You are a:
- licensed registered nurse;
- advanced practice registered nurse, such as a nurse practitioner (NP); or
- nurse faculty member with qualifying nursing debt.
You received your nursing education from:
- an accredited school of nursing located in a U.S. state or territory.
You work full-time in:
- an eligible Critical Shortage Facility in a high need area (for RNs, APRNs),
- an accredited school of nursing (for nurse faculty).
We give funding preference depending on your financial need.