Inguinal Hernia Repair
Whether open or robotic your surgery is typically an outpatient procedure, which means you will need someone to bring you to and from the hospital on the day of surgery.
You will go home with a small incision closed with surgical glue, you may shower and wash gently with soap and water, keeping the incision clean and dry.
- Recovery is about 1-2 weeks.
- We ask that you use your judgment and avoid any unnecessary strain to your abdominal wall for 3-4 weeks. No heavy lifting. No pushing. No pulling. No straining.
- We encourage males to wear scrotal support to decrease postoperative scrotal swelling, such as briefs, athletic compression shorts or a jock strap.
- We ask males to elevate their scrotum with a rolled-up dish towel when laying down resting.
- You may apply ice to the affected areas for comfort.