Saravanan Thangamani, PhD
Professor of Microbiology and Immunology
RESEARCH PROGRAMS AND AFFILIATIONS
Microbiology and Immunology
Neuroscience and Physiology
- Effect of co-infection on the clinical outcome of Lyme disease and Powassan encephalitis.
- Impact of ecological changes on geographic expansion of Powassan virus and other tick borne diseases in Upstate New York.
- Tick and tick borne diseases surveillance in Upstate New York.
- Tick determinants of Powassan virus transmission.
- Arthropod-virus-host interface: Nidus of arbovirus transmission.
- The effect of mosquito salivary factors on Chikungunya and Zika virus infection and dissemination.
- Development of tick transmission model for Heartland virus pathogenesis.
- Ecology of Infectious Diseases
- Biology of Disease Vectors
- Medical Entomology
- Vector-borne Diseases
ASSOCIATIONS / MEMBERSHIPS
American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygeine (ASTMH), Member
Thangamani Lab Research Overview
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)