How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in applying for graduate study at SUNY Upstate. Before applying, please check out the academic eligibility requirements.
Follow the instructions below to complete your online application to The College of Graduate Studies.
International applicants, please note that the admissions process and requirements are the same as the domestic applicants. English proficiency scores are not required and should not be uploaded to the application. The Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program does not require GRE scores for consideration for admission for Fall 2023.Online Application
- Create an Account for first-time users
- Select the College of Graduate Studies Application
- Select either MS or PhD to begin the application
A complete application through The College of Graduate Studies should include:
- Completed online application
- Payment of the $40 application fee (Application fee is automatically waived to applications submitted by December 15)
- Copies of unofficial transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended, uploaded by the student (do not mail official transcripts unless specifically requested to do so)
- 3 letters of recommendation, uploaded through online application system by the persons writing the letters of recommendation
- Personal statement including your reasons for applying to the program; your research interests (if known); your research experience (not including lab courses); and your future goals
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Formal applications for the doctoral program for domestic or international students and all supporting documents, including all references letters, MUST be received by January 15.
- Formal applications for the master’s program for domestic or international students and all supporting documents, including all reference letters, MUST be received by May 1.
- Review of completed applications begins in November.
- Admission to this program is for fall semester only.
Competitive applicants selected based on the materials in their completed application package are invited to interview with faculty members in the Biomedical Sciences Graduate Programs. Interviews are conducted virtually in December, January and February.
SUNY Upstate, along with all 64 SUNY state-operated campuses, are proud to waive the application fee for US Veterans, Active Duty or Reserve military and their dependents! This waiver will cover the application fee for Upstate applications and SUNY applications (some programs do not require a SUNY application). Proof of military connection must be provided. Acceptable documents include:
- DD214 documents
- Military Identification card
SUNY Upstate Medical University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, color, creed, age, national origin, disability, marital status or veteran status in the recruitment and employment of faculty or staff; in the recruitment of students, or in the operation of any programs or activities, as specified by federal and state laws and regulations.
For more information contact: Office of Diversity & Inclusion, 705 Jacobsen Hall, 315 464-5234