Next round of applications coming soon. Applications open September 1, 2023
How to Apply: MS Programs
Thank you for your interest in our master's program in Biomedical Sciences at SUNY Upstate Medical University.
We are excited to welcome ambitious and talented individuals like you to join our dynamic and innovative academic community. Below are the step-by-step instructions to guide you through the application process:
Before You Apply
Research the Program
Take the time to thoroughly research our master's program in Biomedical Sciences. Familiarize yourself with our curriculum, faculty members, research areas, and facilities. Our website provides detailed information about the program, admission requirements, and frequently asked questions to help you get started.
Check Admissions Requirements
Before proceeding with your application, make sure you meet the admission requirements for our master’s program. These requirements typically include:
- A bachelor's degree or the equivalent of a U.S. four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field such as biological, biochemical, engineering or physical sciences. This degree must have been obtained from either a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an institution recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in their home country.
- Minimum GPA (Grade Point Average) requirement of 3.0
- Prior and recent research experience
Gather Required Documentation
Prepare the necessary documents to complete your application. These include:
- Copies of transcripts from all previous institutions attended
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume
- Personal Statement explaining your academic background, research interests, and career goals. We ask that you list your top 3 faculty in order of preference that you would like to work with on your thesis.
- Reach out to individuals who can write strong letters of recommendation on your behalf. These individuals should be familiar with your academic performance, research experience, and potential for success in our program. Once you identify your letter writers, let them know that they will receive an email from the Admissions Office with instructions on how to upload the letter to our secure portal.
- Our master’s program does not require standardized test scores (e.g., GRE, GMAT, TOEFL or IELTS).
Application ProcessExpand all
Step 1: Complete the Online Application
Submit your application through our secure online portal. Create an account or log in to an existing one to access the application form. Provide accurate and up-to-date information, and carefully review your responses before submitting.
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee
An application fee is required to process your application. Please review our website for the current application fee policy, amount, and payment options. The application fee is waived automatically for all applicants who submit before February 1.
Step 3: Submit Your Application
Once you have filled out the application form submit your application. You will receive an email confirmation upon successful submission.
Step 4: Attend Interviews (If Applicable)
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview as part of the selection process. If selected, be prepared to discuss your academic background, research interests, and motivation for pursuing the master’s program in biomedical sciences at SUNY Upstate Medical University. The interview period is from January 15 – May 15.
Step 5: Wait for Admission Decision
Our admission committee carefully reviews each application, and the selection process may take several weeks. Be patient while we evaluate your qualifications and fit for our program. You will be notified of the admission decision via email.
Step 6: Acceptance & Enrollment
Congratulations on your acceptance to our master’s program in Biomedical Sciences! If you choose to accept our offer, follow the instructions provided in the acceptance letter to secure your place in the program. Pay attention to enrollment deadlines and additional documentation required for enrollment.