Geriatric Care at University Geriatricians
Upstate Specialty Services at Harrison Center
550 Harrison Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
Google Maps & Directions
Phone: 315 464-6100
Fax: 315 464-9246
When you have questions about the health of an older loved one, Upstate Geriatricians offer the most comprehensive program in Central New York that will give the patient and their loved ones an evaluation and assistance in determining next steps.
University Geriatricians are specialists in the health care of older people and provide outpatient consultations and work in collaboration with the patient's personal physician and family. You will work with the Geriatric team that includes:
- Geriatricians - physicians specializing in the care of older patients
- Fellows in geriatric medicine - physicians learning the specialty of geriatrics
- A gerontological social worker
- Nurse practitioners and nurses trained in geriatric care.
Everyone on the team is familiar with the needs and particular concerns of older adults. We also have health care professionals in training who assist us, including residents, medical students, and social work interns. Our team is also very aware of the demands that women have as caregivers. The team will assist the caregivers in identifying resources that can help them cope with the care of their loved one and serve as a resource as the situation and needs change.
We are the clinical service providers for the Center of Excellence for Alzheimer's Disease.
We are specialists in treating people with:
- Falling, balance, dizziness, and mobility problems
- Increasing memory loss, confusion or disorientation
- Multiple chronic illnesses, especially if there are multiple medication and/or doctors
- Persistent problems with mood, motivation, or sleeping
- Chronic pain or discomfort, including arthritis
- Increasing problems with self-care, and living independently
- General frailty